Setting the Pace
Swimming in Mission Viejo
There’s simply nothing like swimming in Mission Viejo. Here, you’ll find a golden combination of weather, facilities, location, access to coaching and competition that is simply unparalleled.
The x-factor is Mission Viejo’s singular role as “Home of the Nadadores.” Founded in 1968, the Nadadores has grown into one of the nation’s largest swimming clubs and the non-profit club is the only one to have had its athletes represented in every Olympics since 1976.
The City’s tradition of excellence is exactly what brings the world’s best swimmers – and those who train, coach and support them – to Mission Viejo.
Mission Viejo swimming highlights include:
World-class aquatics complex facility completely renovated in 2018
- Outdoor 50m x 25y international-depth standard competition pool with eight 9’ lanes flanked by 18-inch washout lanes and anti-wave racing dividers
- Outdoor 25m x 25y pool designated for warm-ups and training
- Outdoor 25y teaching pool
- Colorado Timing System which clocks swimmers to 1/100th second
- Recognized by USA Swimming for club performance excellence
- Selected for the 2021 TYR Pro Swim Series and host to other USA Swimming sanctioned meets
- Five-acre complex completely renovated in 2018
- Two locker rooms
- Seating and parking for up to 2,000 spectators
- Full-time professional management and staff
what they’re saying
There are memories for me here. My first nationals. I broke a world record in this pool. It shaped who I was as a swimmer and really who I was a person.”Rowdy Gaines, Three-Time Olympic Gold Medalist